We’re going bananas over these decadent Mini Golden Banana Brownie Ice Cream Cakes! Who doesn’t love an individual sized cake served to them with cute edible flowers and fresh fruit?! We took our favorite vegan and gluten-free chocolate banana bread recipe, turned it into cake and layered it with our brand new plant-based ice cream flavor, Golden Banana Brownie Swirl.
Golden Banana Brownie Swirl is a delicious combination of fresh banana ice cream, chewy brownies and silky ribbons of fudge swirled together in one decadent bite. This dessert recipe truly highlights and enhances everything we love about this new addition to the Coconut Bliss family and we can’t wait for you to try it at home!
Cake Batter Ingredients:
- 1 Tbsp flaxseed meal
- 3 Tbsp water
- 1 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Dutch processed cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 large or 4 medium ripe bananas about 1 ½ cups mashed
- ⅓ cup coconut oil melted and slightly cooled
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 pints Coconut Bliss Golden Banana Brownie Swirl ice cream
Chocolate Ganache Ingredients:
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Optional Toppings: Fresh strawberries, blueberries, banana slices, sprinkles, edible flowers, toasted coconut, coconut whipped cream
- Heat your oven to 300°F. Grease a cake pan or cookie sheet with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flax seed meal and water. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and sea salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the ripe bananas with a fork. Add the melted coconut oil and stir until combined. Add in the coconut sugar, flaxseed mixture, and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, don’t over mix.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan so that it’s ½-¾ inches thick. Bake for 10 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out mostly clean.
- Remove the pan from the oven and set on a wire cooling rack. Let the cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
- Using a round cookie cutter or sharp knife, cut identical circles and place on a baking sheet. Stick the cake circles in the freezer for 5-10 minutes or until completely cooled. Tip: use the extra cake as a crumble on your favorite ice cream sundae!
- On a cutting board, lay a pint of Golden Banana Brownie Swirl on its side and very carefully cut 1 inch thick disks with a serrated knife. Use the cookie cutter to cut out circles to match the cake slices. Repeat with the second pint.
- Immediately place the circles in the freezer on a baking sheet for 15-20 minutes or until hard.
- To make the ganache topping, heat the coconut cream and pour over chocolate chips to melt. Stir until combined and smooth.
- Slice fresh strawberries and bananas to add as a layer on your cake or as a topping.
- Once everything is frozen and prepped it’s time to assemble the cakes. Place a layer of cake on a plate, top with an ice cream disc, top with another layer of cake, another ice cream disk and another layer of cake. You can choose how many layers you want.
- Top the final layer of cake with chocolate ganache and your toppings of choice. You can also add toppings on the layers themselves. If you add fruit to the middle of the cake, use extra chocolate ganache in between the layers to help the fruit stay in place.
- If you plan to freeze the assembled cakes for later, add the chocolate ganache but wait until just before you serve them to add the fresh fruit, edible flowers or coconut whipped cream.