We are so excited to bring you this Blissful Banana Split Sundae created by our friend Sarah Britton of My New Roots! In honor of summer, Sarah has created the ultimate celebration sundae with our creamy plant-based ice cream. Coconut-y hot fudge sauce, perfectly drizzle-able vegan caramel, sweet n’ salty sesame seed cookies, and brûléed bananas come together to create this delicious treat. Head over to our Instagram page to watch this recipe come to life in Sarah’s kitchen!
Sesame Seed Tuille Ingredients:
- 2/3 cup / 100g toasted sesame seeds (I used a mixture of brown + black)
- 3 Tbsp. coconut flour
- 1/4 cup / 40g coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup / 60ml coconut oil
- 1/4 cup / 60ml full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
Coconut Cream Chocolate Fudge Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup / 125ml coconut cream (scooped from the top of a can of full fat coconut milk)
- 1/2 cup / 60g / 2 oz chopped dark chocolate
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. date syrup, or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp. espresso powder (optional, but enhances chocolate flavour)
- A pinch or two of salt to taste
Caramelized Bananas Ingredients:
- 1 medium-ripe banana, sliced in half lengthwise with the peel still on (if the banana is too ripe it will turn to mush!)
- Coconut sugar
- Pinch sea salt
- Expeller-pressed coconut oil
Salted Coconut Milk Caramel Sauce Ingredients:
Additional Sundae Toppings:
- 2-3 scoops of your favorite Coconut Bliss flavors
- Ripe cherries
- Roughly chopped pistachios
- Fresh mint
- Use organic ingredients whenever possible
Sesame Seed Tuille Directions:
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- In a dry skillet over medium heat, toast sesame seeds, stirring frequently, until fragrant. Remove from heat and let cool. Add to a medium mixing bowl and add the coconut flour, coconut sugar and salt.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the coconut oil, then stir in the coconut milk and vanilla. Pour over the dry ingredients and stir well to fully combine.
- Place the mixture on a piece of parchment paper, then place another sheet of parchment on top and roll out until very thin.
- Remove the top piece of parchment, then slide the bottom piece with the dough onto a baking sheet and place in the oven. Bake for 10-15 minutes until golden around the edges.
- Remove from oven and slide the parchment onto a cooling rack. Let cool completely, then break into shards and store in a very airtight container. Keeps for 1 month.
Coconut Cream Chocolate Fudge Sauce Directions:
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the coconut cream. Remove from heat and fold in the chocolate until melted.
- Add the vanilla, date syrup, espresso and salt. Stir to combine, then taste and adjust seasoning if desired.
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to two weeks, and re-warm to serve (fudge will solidify when cold).
Caramelized Bananas Directions:
- Sprinkle each half of the banana with a thin layer of coconut sugar so it’s just covered, then sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Melt the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, place the banana halves face-down and cook for 5 minutes or so, until the sugar has caramelized. Remove from heat and place in a bowl.
- Top the brûléed bananas with 2-3 scoops of your favorite Coconut Bliss ice cream.
- Drizzle chocolate and caramel sauce over the ice cream.
- Add cherries, pistachios, mint and sesame seed tuilles. Serve immediately and enjoy!