When the weather is warm and the days are long, you can find us spending less time in the house cooking and more time outside with our families. Don’t worry, spending less time in the kitchen doesn’t mean skipping out on dessert! These super easy Grilled Donut Ice Cream Sandwiches will be a crowd-pleaser for your next backyard BBQ. After you’re done grilling up those tasty veggie burgers and veggie dogs, throw some fruit and day old donuts on the grill and grab a pint a our vegan Infinite Coconut ice cream for the ultimate backyard treat! Everyone can have fun building their own ice cream sandwiches with caramelized grilled donuts, sweet grilled fruit, and creamy plant-based ice cream. With 14 different pint flavors of Coconut Bliss ice cream and endless topping options, this recipe will never get old. Happy summer!
- 1 pint Coconut Bliss Infinite Coconut ice cream
- 4 vegan glazed donuts
- 2 large ripe peaches, pitted and sliced into 1 inch thick slices
- 4 thick round slices of pineapple
- 8 ripe strawberries
- 1 Tbsp vegetable oil
- Flaky Sea Salt
- (Use organic ingredients whenever possible)
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium heat.
- Slice donuts horizontally and grill them glazed side down until heated through and golden brown.
- Remove from the grill and let it sit for 1-2 minutes to finish caramelizing.
- Lightly brush peaches with oil and grill 3-4 minutes. Set aside to cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Place pineapple rounds on the grill and grill 3-5 minutes on each side. Set aside to cool.
- Lightly brush strawberries with oil and stick them onto 4 skewers. Place the skewer on the grill for 3 minutes and then flip them over to grill another 2-3 minutes.
- Place one half of the grilled donut on a plate, cut side up.
- Divide the fruit into 4 dishes.
- Top the donut with slices of grilled peaches, grilled pineapple, or grilled strawberries and a sprinkle of flaky sea salt. Combine different fruits if desired.
- Place 1 large scoop of Infinite Coconut ice cream on top of the fruit and top it with the other half of the donut, grill marks facing up. Push down gently to create a sandwich.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!