Because sweet coconut rice paired with tropical fruit is always a good idea.
Sushi for dessert? We know it sounds a little crazy but believe us when we say it’s one of our new favorite ways to eat dessert! Combining sweet black rice, ripe tropical fruit and our creamy Infinite Coconut ice cream creates a visually stunning dish that tastes just as amazing as it looks. We don’t blame you if you snap a bunch of Instagram photos before indulging!
This dessert sushi recipe leaves plenty of room for your imagination to go wild. You can include your favorite fruits, crunchy toppings, organic candy or even some savory ingredients! We paired these sweet blissful bites with a creamy coconut sauce that ties the whole experience together.
When our recipe testers head into the Coconut Bliss Kitchen, they are always thinking of creative ways to incorporate our creamy plant-based ice cream into delicious recipes. To be honest, we wouldn’t be the ice cream company we are today if we didn’t have some fun experimenting in the kitchen! We hope you enjoy making this at home on a quiet evening alone or make it a sushi making party and invite some friends and family over! Make sure to tag us in your delicious dessert sushi creations on social media!
Looking for some savory vegan sushi recipes to enjoy before dessert? Head over to Clean Green Simple for some tasty ideas!
Ingredients For the Raw Vegan Cookie Dough:
- 1 cup black forbidden rice
- 1 ¾ cup water
- 1 pint Infinite Coconut ice cream
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 ripe kiwi
- 1 tsp black sesame seeds
- Combine water, rice and salt in a heavy-bottom pot over high heat until boiling.
- Once boiling, reduce heat to a simmer and cover the pot.
- Cook for 30 minutes without removing the lid. Turn off the heat and leave the rice covered for another 10 minutes.
- In a medium pot, add the Infinite Coconut ice cream and bring it to a boil on medium heat, whisking frequently.
- Set aside ½ cup of sauce.
- On low to medium heat, add rice to the pot, half-cup at a time until until the liquid is mostly absorbed. Take the rice off the heat to cool.
- While the rice is cooling, thinly slice the mango lengthwise using a very sharp knife or mandolin.
- Peel the kiwi and slice into long, thin strips.
- On a sushi mat, lined with a piece of plastic wrap, arrange the mango slices, overlapping, to form a 5×8 rectangle.
- Place the prepared sweet coconut rice onto the mango slices in a horizontal line about 1/3rd up from the bottom of the mango.
- Place kiwi slices on the rice, for a fun presentation allow the kiwi slightly stick out on either end of the mango.
- Carefully roll the mango around the rice sushi-style, making sure the rice is entirely encased.
- Using the sushi mat, lightly squeeze the roll to get rid of air pockets. Gently remove the plastic wrap and cut the roll crosswise into 1-inch pieces. (Optional: for easier slicing, chill the wrapped roll for 10 minutes before slicing).
- Garnish with black sesame seeds and use the reserved sauce for dipping. Serve immediately and enjoy!