This vegan banana cream parfait recipe has layers of coconut whipped cream, crunchy walnut cookies and delicious banana pudding made with Coconut Bliss ice cream. We love combining different textures and flavors in every dish we create. This easy but impressive dessert is great for all ages and so fun to make.
When you combine our Infinite Coconut ice cream with ripe bananas, you get a rich banana pudding reminiscent of childhood. Crumbly walnut and oat cookies provide a perfect contrast in texture and helps to balance out the sweetness of the pudding. We added some light and fluffy coconut whipped cream too! Top with fresh fruit, walnuts or more cookie crumbles and you have yourself quite the dessert.
Looking to make more use out of your little jars at home? Check out these savory parfaits by Lively Table!
Walnut and Oat Cookies Ingredients:
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 chia egg (1 Tbsp chia seeds + 3 Tbsp hot water, let set)
Banana Cream Filling Ingredients:
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- Pinch of salt
- 1 pint Infinite Coconut ice cream, softened
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 chilled banana, mashed
Coconut Whipped Cream Ingredients:
- 1 can full fat coconut milk, chilled
(Use organic ingredients whenever possible)
Coconut Whipped Cream Directions:
- Chill 1 can of coconut milk in refrigerator overnight.
- Open can and drain out liquid coconut water. Scrape solid coconut cream into a mixing bowl.
- Add a splash of vanilla and a sugar to taste. Beat on high until light and fluffy. Set aside.
Walnut and Oat Cookies Directions:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place all crust ingredients in a food processor and pulse until a dough forms.
- Dump mixture out onto baking sheet. Roll 2 Tbsp. of dough in palms of hand to form into a ball.
- Gently flatten into discs. Bake at 350 for 8 minutes until light brown on edges.
Banana Cream Filling Directions:
- Add cornstarch, salt and Coconut Bliss to a saucepan. Whisk to combine.
- Cook over medium heat until bubbling. Whisk frequently to avoid sticking.
- Add mashed banana and cook for another 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla.
- Pour into bowl, cover and chill for at least 1 hour or until set.
- Place 1 cookie in the bottom of a parfait glass.
- Spoon in a layer of pudding followed by a dollop of whipped coconut cream.
- Repeat layering until glass is full. Garnish with fresh berries, mint and more whipped cream. Enjoy!