This 5 ingredient Coconut Bliss bread pudding recipe is full of flavor, spice and everything nice! There’s nothing more comforting than the smell of fresh baked bread pudding coming out of the oven on a cold day. We wanted the whole table to enjoy this delicious sweet treat so we made it gluten and dairy-free! You’ll make great use out of your leftover gluten-free bread and get to use your favorite plant-based ice cream – Coconut Bliss!
Using toasted or stale bread is the secret to making the perfect bread pudding. The end result should give you a nice gooey center with a crispy top. The sauce is a mixture of fragrant spices you most likely already have in your kitchen and our creamy plant-based vanilla ice cream. We love that we can make this recipe the night before, store it in the fridge and bake it the next day. It’s also a no fuss dish that won’t leave you wrapped up in the kitchen for hours on end. With 5 easy ingredients, how can you resist?
Serve this bread pudding as dessert or enjoy as a sweet brunch option. You can even swap out our Madagascan Vanilla Bean ice cream in the recipe for our Dark Chocolate ice cream!
Need options for gluten-free bread? Try Canyon Bakehouse or support local and call your nearby bakery to see if they have gluten-free bread options. Harder breads like sourdough tend to hold together a bit better but most bread work just fine. Enjoy!
Bread Pudding Ingredients:
- 1.5 lbs of gluten-free bread (baguette style works great)
- 3 pints of softened Coconut Bliss Madagascan Vanilla Bean ice cream
- 1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- (Use organic ingredients whenever possible)
- Cut bread into 1 inch cubes and spread onto a baking sheet. Let it sit overnight uncovered.
- Soften 3 pints of Coconut Bliss Madagascan Vanilla Bean ice cream in the refrigerator (just needs to be soft enough to remove from container).
- Place bread into a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together Coconut Bliss, flax seeds, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Pour the mixture all over the bread, stir and set aside for at least 1 hour at room temperature (you can also do this the day before you plan on baking it and store tightly covered in the refrigerator).
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Place the pudding mixture in a 9×9 inch baking dish and bake covered for 40 - 50 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 10 -15 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving. You can also enjoy it cold.
- Add a scoop of your favorite Coconut Bliss ice cream. We recommend Ginger Cookie + Caramel!