As Summer approaches, it’s time to enjoy vegan Banana Split Ice Cream Bars! We partnered with plant-based recipe creator Veggie Lexi to bring you a recipe that you and your friends will love!
Our Madagascan Vanilla Bean ice cream is transformed into a nostalgic treat with vibrant fruit, rich chocolate and a delicious no bake crust. One bite and you’ll be brought back to your favorite childhood memories of enjoying banana splits at the ice cream shop. We love how customizable and allergy-friendly this recipe is because everyone deserves a blissful dessert.
Head over to Veggie Lexi’s website to see her helpful step by step guide to creating this recipe at home. You’ll find many other plant-based, gluten-free and oil-free recipes on her website. We also recommend checking out her Instagram for more foodie inspiration.
- 1 cup medjool dates (soaked in hot water for 10 minutes and strained)
- 1 cup chopped nuts of choice (walnuts, almonds, pecans, and cashews all work)
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 2 cups Coconut Bliss Madagascan Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- 3 ripe bananas (peeled and sliced into ¼” circles)
- 1 1/2 cups vegan whipped cream
- 8 medium strawberries (stems removed and chopped)
- 1/3 bar vegan chocolate (roughly chopped)
- Line an 8” x 8” square metal baking dish with parchment paper cut to size.
- In a food processor or high speed blender, pulse the chopped nuts, oats, and fine sea salt until you get a consistency similar to flour.
- Add the soaked and strained dates to the food processor or high speed blender and pulse until a thick paste has formed. Scrape down the sides or use the tamper as needed.
- Scrape the crust mixture into the lined baking dish. Press down to create an even crust.
- While you’re pressing the crust into place, allow the ice cream to soften.
- Using a small spatula, spread the ice cream across the crust evenly.
- Freeze until set, or at least 3 hours.
- Cover the ice cream with a layer of banana slices, filling in any gaps as much as possible.
- Spread the vegan whipped cream over the banana slices.
- Sprinkle the chopped strawberries and chopped chocolate on top.
- Serve immediately.