When the days become shorter and the air becomes crisp outside, a big mug filled with a pumpkin spice latte is all you need to stay warm. Instead of keeping things traditional we just had to add some vegan ice cream to the mix to keep things interesting! Keep that Coconut Bliss stocked in your freezer because once you try this creamy latte you won’t want to drink your lattes any other way.
Although pumpkin pie spice can be purchased in most grocery stores, it’s just as easy to make your own blend at home. All it takes is 4 spices to replicate the spicy flavor that elevates those Fall themed desserts and drinks. Ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves are easy to find in most bulk spice sections of your local store. Make a batch and store it in a jar on your spice rack as your go-to pumpkin pie spice.
You might be thinking, “Ice cream in your morning coffee? That’s madness!” But we can assure you, it’s brilliant. Our Madagascan Vanilla Bean ice cream balances out the pumpkin puree for a smooth and delicious texture. Add the coffee or espresso and enjoy a nice hot beverage that will warm you to the core. Cheers!
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin purée
- 1/2 Tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 cup Coconut Bliss Madagascan Vanilla Bean ice cream
- Fresh brewed coffee or espresso
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk together pumpkin purée, pumpkin pie spice, light coconut milk, and ice cream.
- Cook, whisking constantly, until mixture starts to steam.
- Remove from heat and pour mixture into a blender. Cover, hold the lid on tightly, and blend for about 15 seconds, or until frothy.
Make two shots of espresso or 1 cup of coffee. Divide coffee and milk mixture between two mugs. Top with a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice.