BBQ Corn Sundae with Dark Chocolate Coconut Bliss
This grilled corn dessert comes together with a balance of sweet and savory, plus a smoky twist to enhance a rich chocolate treat. Celebrate the bounty of summer with this unique vegan sundae.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
3 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp chili powder, divided
1/2 tsp fine sea salt, divided
2 tsp agave syrup
1 tsp cinnamon
2 gluten-free corn tortillas, cut into 8 wedges
2 cobs corn, husks removed
1 pint Dark Chocolate Coconut Bliss
1/4 cup smoky barbecue sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Heat coconut oil in small saucepan over medium heat until melted. Stir together 1 tbsp coconut oil, 1/2 tsp chili powder and 1/4 tsp salt; set aside.
3. Stir together agave, cinnamon, remaining oil, chili powder and salt. Toss with tortilla wedges until well coated. Transfer to prepared pan in single layer; bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden and crisp. Let cool completely.
4. Preheat grill to medium-high; oil grate well. Brush corn with reserved coconut oil mixture; grill, turning often, for about 5 minutes or until lightly charred and tender. Remove kernels from cobs and set aside.
5. Scoop vegan ice cream into serving dishes; top with corn. Crush tortilla chips over top and drizzle with barbecue sauce.
Tip: Assemble ingredients into a parfait, if desired, by layering vegan ice cream, corn and crushed tortilla chips. Top with a drizzle of barbecue sauce and a crispy whole tortilla chip.
Per 1 sundae (1/4 recipe) Calories 400
Saturated Fat 21g Cholesterol 0mg
Sodium 510mg Carbohydrate 47g Fiber 5g
Sugars 26g Protein 5g