The only cookie dough ice cream cake you’ll need this summer.
Vegan cookie dough ice cream cake anyone? Since we're all staying at home right now and looking for new recipes to keep ourselves busy, Tisha at The Nourished Mind has created this show-stopping cake recipe for you to recreate during your socially distanced summer vacation! Our Vanilla and Dark Chocolate Cookie Sandwiches are paired with our Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream to create this decadent dessert.
"Quarantine cakes may be my newest obsession—and I’m starting off strong with this gluten-free + vegan Cookie Dough Ice Cream Cake made with Coconut Bliss! Seriously, this is such a delicious dessert: made with cookie dough ice cream AND ice cream sandwiches (if you haven’t tried Coconut Bliss ice cream sandwiches you’re really missing out!),” says Tisha. Head over to her website to read her entire blog post about this magnificent cake for cookie lovers!
Ingredients For the Raw Vegan Cookie Dough:
- 1 1/2 cups almond meal
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup (2 oz) dark chocolate chips
- pinch sea salt + more for topping cookies
- splash vanilla extract or almond liqueur
- 1 pint Coconut Bliss Golden Banana Brownie Swirl ice cream
- 1 ripe banana
Ingredients For the Ice Cream Cake:
- 1 recipe raw cookie dough
- 1 pint Coconut Bliss Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream thawed (about 15 minutes)
- 2 boxes Coconut Bliss Vanilla Cookie Sandwich
- 2 boxes Coconut Bliss Dark Chocolate Cookie Sandwich
- 2 tbsp melted dark chocolate optional
- (Use organic ingredients whenever possible)
For the Raw Vegan Cookie Dough:
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients except the chocolate, until evenly combined. Stir in the chocolate to mix.
- Chill in the fridge for 30 min-1 hour.
For the Ice Cream Cake:
- Line the base of a 9-inch spring form round baking pan with parchment paper.
- Divide the raw cookie dough mixture in half. Take half the dough and press evenly into the bottom of the 9-inch pan with an offset spatula.
- Take the ice cream sandwiches and cut into quarters. Gently place the cookie sandwich quarters around the border of the cake, flat side down, alternating between the two flavours. It should fit 12 pieces.
- Place the remaining quartered sandwiches in the freezer until needed.
- Scoop the softened cookie dough ice cream into the center of the cake, and spread out evenly with an offset spatula. (This works best with softened ice cream, so if you forgot to thaw your ice cream, just place your cake base in the freezer to prevent from melting while you let your pint of ice cream thaw at room temperature for 15 minutes.)
- Place the remaining quartered sandwiches in the center of the cake, as pictured.
- Place your cake in the freezer while you roll out the remaining raw cookie dough.
- Roll the dough into small balls--about 1 tbsp or less. I found the smaller they were the better, because they thawed quicker.
- Decorate the cake with the remaining raw cookie dough. If you want to be fancy, drizzle the whole cake with melted dark chocolate.
- Keep frozen. Allow to sit for 10 minutes before serving and enjoy!