Our friends at One Degree Organics have done it again. Up your ice cream sandwich game by making these oatmeal cookie ice cream sandwiches featuring organic sprouted rolled oats, almond paste and our divinely creamy Madagascan Vanilla Bean vegan ice cream. This recipe comes together quickly with a food processor and is simple enough that you can get the kids involved too.
- 1/2 cup almond paste
- 1/3 cup vegan butter
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup One Degree Organics Sprouted Rolled Oats
- 1/2 cup One Degree Organics Sprouted Oat Flour (rolled or quick oats blended into a fine flour)
- 2 cups Coconut Bliss Madagascan Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (at room temperature for approx. 30 minutes until slightly softened)
(Use organic ingredients whenever possible.)
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Put the almond paste, coconut sugar and salt in a food processor and pulse to combine.
- Add the flour and pulse a few more times.
- Transfer to a mixing bowl and fold in the oats.
- Crumble the mixture on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes. Watch closely so that it doesn’t burn.
- Line a 6×9” baking pan with parchment and crumble half the mixture in the bottom.
- Cover with ice cream and smooth evenly.
- Top with the rest of the crumbled oat mixture, press it gently down into the ice cream.
- Cover and freeze at least a few hours before slicing into bars and serving.