Ever wondered if you can turn rice crispy treats into a cake? We got together with our friends at One Degree Organics to find out. Let’s just say, the results speak for themselves. Which is more than we could do, since our mouths were full of this delicious creation.
- 3 cups One Degree Organics Sprouted Brown Rice Cacao Crisps
- 1/3 cup raw cacao powder
- 1/2 cup Jem Hazelnut Raw Cacao Butter (or favorite nut butter)
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 pints Coconut Bliss Madagascan Vanilla Bean ice cream
- (Use organic ingredients whenever possible!)
- Let 2 pints of vegan ice cream soften at room temperature for about 10 minutes while making the crust.
- Put the Sprouted Brown Rice Cacao Crisp in a large bowl, set aside.
- In a medium sauce pan on low heat, combine the cacao power, hazelnut butter, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla bean paste.
- Stir constantly until the coconut oil is melted. Remove from heat and continue stirring until completely combined and creamy.
- Pour the cacao mixture on to the Sprouted Brown Rice Cacao Crisps and gently stir until completely coated.
- In a 9-inch springform pan, press the crispy mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the pan.
- Put the crust in the freezer to set for 10 minutes.
- Remove the from freezer and scoop in the softened vegan ice cream and smooth it out evenly.
- Freeze for at least 2 hours until the vegan ice cream is frozen.
- To serve, remove the sides of the pan, slice and top with berries.