Too cold outside for ice cream? Never! Pop some of our divinely creamy Dark Chocolate vegan ice cream into a saucepan and you’ll have the creamiest, dreamiest hot chocolate ever. Level up with these aquafaba-lous peppermint meringues and your friends will think you are magic.
Drinking Chocolate Ingredients:
- 1 pint Dark Chocolate Coconut Bliss
- 1 cup of aquafaba (drained from a 19 fl oz can of unsalted chickpeas)
- 3/4 cup of cane sugar
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp. spirulina powder
- ¼ tsp. peppermint extract
Drinking Chocolate Directions:
- Scrape ice cream into saucepan over low heat. Allow ice cream to melt, stirring occasionally. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Preheat the oven to 200F.
- Pour out the liquid from the can of chickpeas and add it to a large mixing bowl along with the vanilla extract, peppermint extract and spirulina powder.
- Start beating on high, and slowly pour in the sugar as the beater is running. Continue to beat, stopping every now and then to check the meringue. When stiff peaks hold in the meringue without it collapsing, they are ready.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and use a piping bag, dollop on the meringue into even mounds.
- Bake for 1 ½ to 2 ½ hours (depending on size of cookies), rotating the pans half-way through. If the meringues are small or you want a chewy center, opt for less time. If they are large or you prefer a meringue that is crunchy all the way through, opt for more time.
- Store in a cool dry place, or in the freezer.
- Pour warmed chocolate into mugs. Garnish with meringue. Serve immediately. *Use organic ingredients whenever possible.