We’ve partnered with some of our favorite brands this holiday season to bring you these dairy and gluten-free Peppermint Bark Ice Cream Bars! These festive bars will be a delicious addition to your holiday dessert table this year.
The crunchy chocolate oat crust was created by using Bob’s Red Mill gluten-free flour and old fashioned oats. We then spread a thick layer of our Madagascan Vanilla Bean ice cream on top for a rich and creamy texture. For the final steps, we melted some allergy-friendly Enjoy Life Foods semi-sweet chocolate chips and drizzled it on top with crushed candy canes.
Now sit back, relax and enjoy the most wonderful time of the year with the ones you love.
- 1 ¼ cups Bob’s Red Mill old fashioned rolled oats
- ¾ cup Bob’s Red Mill gluten free flour
- ⅓ cup virgin coconut oil, melted and slightly cooled
- ¼ cup light agave syrup (nectar)
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 pint Coconut Bliss Madagascan Vanilla Bean ice cream
- 1 cup Enjoy Life Foods semi-sweet mini chips
- 1 Tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 2 candy canes (crushed into small pieces)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8x8 inch baking dish with parchment paper so that it comes up just above the edge of the dish.
- Pulse all crust ingredients in a food processor until oats are coarsely ground and mixture looks like wet sand
- Firmly press the mixture into the bottom of the baking dish. Bake until crust is golden brown and smells toasty, 15-20 minutes.
- Let the crust cool completely inside the pan before moving on to the next step.
- Once the crust has cooled, set the Coconut Bliss out for 10 minutes to soften.
- Spoon the pint of softened ice cream evenly over the crust and smooth out with a spatula. Place in freezer for at least 15 minutes.
- Place chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small saucepan over low heat. Stir continuously until all the chips have melted.
- Pour warm chocolate over the ice cream and quickly spread it out over the ice cream. Work quickly because the chocolate will harden within minutes.
- Sprinkle the crushed candy canes on top before the chocolate hardens and place back into the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- When the bars are ready, remove from the pan by lifting the parchment paper out and discarding the paper.
- With a sharp knife, cut the bars into squares. Serve immediately or keep them in the freezer until ready to serve. Enjoy!