A food processor and your freezer are your best friends for this cool, green dessert perfect for Pi Day, St. Patrick’s Day, or any day you just want vegan ice cream pie! Featuring our Mint Chip Galactica, Madagascan Vanilla Bean and spirulina powder for a punch of color. And for the top? Vegan marshmallow fluff of course!
Ice Cream Filling Ingredients:
- 1 pint Mint Chip Galactica Coconut Bliss
- 1 pint Madagascan Vanilla Bean Coconut Bliss
- 3 tsp spirulina powder
- 1⁄4 cup coconut water
- Two drops of peppermint extract (or to taste)
No Bake Crust Ingredients:
- 1 1⁄2 cups macadamia nuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded coconut
- 1⁄3 cup agave syrup
- 2 Tbsp coconut water
- 1⁄8 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp cocoa powder
Vegan Marshmallow Fluff Ingredients:
- 2⁄3 cup aquafaba, chilled (liquid from canned garbanzo beans)
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄2 Tbsp arrowroot starch
- 1⁄4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 tsp fresh lemon juice
Chocolate Drizzle Ingredients:
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips, tempered over low heat in a double boiler
(Use organic ingredients whenever possible)
Ice Cream Filling Directions:
- Add all filling ingredients to blender. Blend on high until smooth and even in color. Place in freezer while you make the crust.
No Bake Crust Directions:
- Pulse macadamia nuts in food processor until they resemble a course meal.
- Add remaining dry ingredients and pulse until mixture is well blended.
- Add wet ingredients and pulse until dough comes together.
- Scrape mixture into 9” pie plate or mold. Wet your fingers with cold water and press dough into an even layer.
- Place in freezer for 10 minutes.
- Remove crust and filling from freezer.
- Pour filling evenly over the crust. Using a spatula or back of a spoon, smooth out the top.
- Place the pie back into the freezer until set, about two hours.
Vegan Marshmallow Fluff Directions:
- Strain chilled liquid from one can of garbanzo beans into measuring cup.
- Whisk together sugar and arrowroot starch and set aside.
- Pour 2⁄3 cup aquafaba into stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment. Start mixer on low. You can also use an electric hand mixer.
- Gradually increase speed for 5 minutes until mixer is on high and soft peaks have formed.
- Turn mixer down to medium and add sugar mixture 1 tablespoon at a time until all incorporated. You should see stiff and glossy peaks.
- Add vanilla and lemon juice and beat for another 15 seconds until incorporated.
- Remove pie from freezer.
- Drizzle tempered chocolate over pie.
- Place 8 dollops of marshmallow fluff evenly around the outer edge of the pie (or spread across whole pie in an even layer).
- Cut pie while still frozen. Serve immediately.
- Optional: Garnish with fresh mint.