Ice Cream Mix ingredients:
- 1-quart chilled Coconut Bliss Madagascan Vanilla Soft Serve Ice Cream Mix
- ½ cup shredded raw coconut
Coconut Bliss Coconut Cream Pie Crust Ingredients:
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Rolled Oats
- 1 cup raw unsalted pecans, or nut of choice
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 chia egg (1 Tbsp. chia seed + 3 Tbsp. hot water)
Coconut Bliss Coconut Cream Pie Crust Directions:
- Preheat the oven to 350˚ F.
- Mix chia seeds with hot water in a small bowl and let stand.
- Add all other crust ingredients to a food processor and pulse until it resembles a coarse mixture.
- Add chia egg and pulse until a loose dough forms. You should be able to squeeze a small amount together and have it hold its shape.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Press the crust mixture into a rectangle about ¼ inch thick.
- Bake the crust at 350˚ for approximately 25 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool completely. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes to firm up.
- Once cool, break the crust into bite size pieces and set aside. You will use about 2 cups of the crust in the ice cream (or more if you prefer). There may be some extra left over.
Ice Cream Mix Directions:
- In a large bowl, combine Coconut Bliss ice cream mix with shredded coconut. Mix until well combined.
- Turn on the ice cream machine and slowly pour mixture into the ice cream bowl.
- Once ice cream is frozen, remove from the machine and stir in 2 cups of pie crust pieces or sprinkle on top. Enjoy!